Movie News

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Power Rankings: Anchorman 2 Flies Up The Board!

Well, it was only a matter of time.
In the first POWER RANKINGS, I awarded STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS the #1 spot.
I thought this was an obvious choice with everything else far behind it.
Boy, was I wrong. 
The South took umbrage with me speaking for him. 
He stopped short of slapping me with a white glove and challenging me to a duel with pistols, but the message was crystal clear: 2 Separate Power Rankings. 
I guess secession is just in his blood.
So, on the right hand side of the homepage, under the previous posts, you now see this:



We will be able to debate the lists all year, but firstly:
You can go ahead and disregard my list as pictured because there has been movement my friends.

ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES has jumped from the #10 spot to #4!

How does a movie that doesn't open for 9 months do something like that?



Here's Your Answer:

Yup. Apparently, Champ Kind now owns a fried chicken joint! 
I absolutely loved Champ Kind in ANCHORMAN and could not have possibly come up with a better or more logical "where are they now" story-line than: Champ now owns a fried chicken joint. 
It's just too perfect!
This picture from AICN is more than enough to catapult ANCHORMAN 2 up the list, but we also have been getting tons of stories about who will appear in the much anticipated sequel. 
With all of the principals back, plus Kristen Wiig and Harrison Ford, plus a dozen or so other cameos (Luke Wilson? Meryl Streep? Hulk?), you know this movie is going to be all kinds of awesome. 
It's taken 9 years (wow, I am getting old), but Ron Burgundy will again ride in mustached-glory!



Here is my new Top 5:

1. STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS
2. IRON MAN 3
3. MAN OF STEEL
4. ANCHORMAN: THE LEGEND CONTINUES
5. THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES

And here is that sick, new STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS trailer:




--Dan, over and out.
                                                                                      


                                                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment